Arenarts Inc. is start-up game development company with headquarters in Delaware, USA and offices in Ukraine. We create a unique project, which aims to make a resonance in the world of gaming on all platforms – mobile, PC, console. Our credo is attention to detail, because a separate part characterizes the quality of the whole product.
Now we are engaged in the development of an online free-to-play cross-platform PvP third-person shooter for iOS and Android, based on the Unreal Engine 4.
We are expanding the team and looking for fanatics, those who are not afraid to throw challenges, those who are willing to drop restrictions and do unique things. We are looking for those who are ready to take the role of innovator – trendsetter in the world of games.
- Utilize Unreal’s blueprints and sequencer tools to implement characters, stage elements and scripted events in different environments.
- Apply a broad range of skills with Autodesk products to ensure assets translate properly into Unreal.
- Problem solve and determine out-of-the-box solutions for complex technical requirements.
- Collaborate with game designers and art director to create visually stunning levels that play well.
- Contribute innovative and original ideas on all aspects of game production and development.
Required Skills / Qualifications:
- Solid understanding of lighting, particle systems, postprocesses, material setup and general workflows inside UE4.
- Extensive experience working with Unreal 3 or 4, including terrain / landscape editing, level streaming set-up and implementation
- Exceptional understanding of form, shape, structure, and silhouette in regard to modeling
- Superior eye for light, shade, color, and detail in creating texture maps of different material types
- Strong paint skills, multi-layered materials and effective texture layout.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong understanding of PBR workflow, materials and lighting.
- Strong plug-in writing skills or understanding of C++ in a UE4 environment is a plus.
- Collaborative, team-player attitude: open & receptive to new ideas, constructive criticism, direction and changes.
- Passion for game development, and working in mobile game
- Experience with Substance Designer / Painter, Mari, WorldMachine, Quixel
- Experience working with photogrammetry
- An appreciation for source control
A portfolio / reel submission is required.